Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reflection

1. I prepared for this test by going over what notes I had from the chapters. I also reread some chapters which I think I didn't know much about over a couple of times.

1a. I slightly think that my studying strategies were effective. I think this because rereading chapters from the humanities book are good ways of refreshing your memory. Then of course, if I had been doing more notes, I could have looked back at them as well.

1b. For the next test, I think that I'll do much of the same. I will definitely be doing more notes next quarter so that I have more to look back on when It comes time for me to study. I will also try to single out certain areas where I think I haven't learned a lot about and study more on those sections.

2. I think the most surprising things that I learned during this unit were about the bad emperors of the Roman Empire. For example, Nero disliked Christians and blamed a massive fire in Rome on them and announced that Christianity was illegal and that all it's followers would be killed. Because of this, he actually made candles  out of live Christians! That was really weird yet pretty interesting. 

3. If we were given more time to learn about Rome and Christianity, I would have liked to focus more on the physical geography of Rome. One of the only questions that I was unsure about during the test was the first one where It asked you to name the seas on Rome's western, eastern, and southern borders. I wasn't sure of this answer on the test and in fact got it wrong so if we were to work more on Rome, I would work more on the physical geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment